Kat Griffin – Madly Cocktail
Saturdays 5 PM - 7 PM
Kat has produced and hosted a variety of programs in Los Angeles Public Radio, but none is as close to her heart as Madly Cocktail. She did it on KCSN for three years before moving it to KJAZZ, directly following legendary jazz programmer, Chuck Niles. Badly battered by “spirited” phone calls from serious jazz fans, Chuck offered her some advice. “Listen, babe. We played this stuff in the day and they dug it. Now they think it’s something else. Just remember- it’s all music.”
- Philosophy of my radio show: Madly Cocktail is an eclectic mix of cocktail and vocal jazz, latin soul, and big band mayhem all done up with a healthy dose of class. Designed to quench your thirst for freedom from the workweek, it will hypnotize you into a purely weekend state of mind.
- Five artists LuxuriaMusic listeners will hear on my show: Cal Tjader, Mongo Santamaria, Peggy Lee, Sarah Vaughn, & Quincy Jones.
- To derive maximum pleasure from my radio show: Scuff around the patio in your favorite marabou trimmed peignoir and house shoes with an espresso in one hand and a mimosa in the other. Sleep mask optional.
- When I'm not DJing I can be found: In a dark room with the drapes drawn, waiting for next Saturday.
- Secret superpowers I possess: My nerve is impervious to whining children and poorly behaved men. I make an excellent proper martini and a perfect cup of coffee.